How can Port Moody respond and adapt to climate change? Share your ideas with us!
The City invites Port Moody residents of all ages to attend its Climate Action Plan Community Brainstorming Session on Saturday, May 25, 2019 from 11am to 3pm in the Civic Centre Galleria (100 Newport Drive). The brainstorming session is a chance for you to provide input as Port Moody develops a climate action plan – a community-wide strategy to help the City and its residents adapt to climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The City of Port Moody wants to hear your ideas! What actions can we take as individuals and as a City to respond and adapt to climate change?
At the Climate Action Plan Community Brainstorming Session, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, think, and share at our interactive stations. You can:
- jump-start your creative thinking at our Inspiration Station;
- brainstorm with us – jot down your ideas on cards and add them to our Idea Wall;
- share your ideas on camera at our Video Station;
- draw what you love about nature and wildlife in Port Moody – your drawing will be incorporated into a community art project;
- watch a free screening of The Clean Bin Project, an award-winning film that explores how we can all reduce the amount of waste we create; and
- enter for a chance to win one of two $100 Compass cards.
Municipalities throughout British Columbia are already experiencing the effects of climate change, such as extreme precipitation and an increase in average temperatures. Your ideas will help us create a climate action plan to guide our community as we adapt to the changes that are in progress, and reduce the impact of the changes that are yet to come.
Can’t make it to the Community Brainstorming Session on May 25? Submit your ideas online at portmoody.ca/climateaction by June 9, 2019.