On May 7, 2019, Council adopted the 2019-2022 City of Port Moody Council Strategic Plan. The plan provides a framework for the decisions Council will make, and guides the City’s approach for delivering services to the community.
“Working together to create a shared vision for this unique city was a great experience for our new council and we’re excited to get to work,” said Acting Mayor Meghan Lahti. “We’ve identified seven core values and five strategic priorities that we’ll pursue to make our vision for Port Moody a reality. Our Council looks forward to working with staff, residents, businesses, and community groups to ensure we maintain and improve our amazing quality of life.”
The City’s seven core values are transparency, integrity, respect, compassion, resilience, innovation, and inclusivity. These values will guide Council and City staff as they focus on the following five strategic priorities:
- exceptional service – provide exceptional service to our residents, businesses, and stakeholders, by encouraging open communication, partnerships, and a “can do” attitude;
- environmental leadership – be a leader in the protection, adaptation, and enjoyment of our natural environment through stewardship, advocacy, and proactive policy;
- healthy city – create a safe, friendly, and inclusive community that encourages healthy, active living for people of all ages and abilities;
- economic prosperity – foster an environment where businesses can thrive and good local jobs abound, and ensure Port Moody’s economy and the City’s financial position are sustainable; and
- community evolution – plan and develop, for future generations, a vibrant, connected, and livable city, with distinctive places and spaces, where growth is managed in strategic balance with quality of life.
The complete strategic plan, including specific objectives and actions for each strategic priority, is available on the City’s website at portmoody.ca/stratplan.