The goal of the City’s Artist Grant Program is to provide small grants to help Port Moody artists complete art-related projects, or to assist event organizers in realizing small events. Grants are intended to provide one-time funding rather than annual funding, and are not available to individuals or groups receiving other forms of financial assistance from the City, including fee waivers. Applicants may apply for up to $1,000; the award may be less than the amount requested. The Arts and Culture Committee will award up to a maximum of $5,000 annually through this program.
If you are seeking financial assistance and/or in-kind support for a larger festival or special event in Port Moody, please visit Festival and Special Event Assistance Program.
This grant program is open to:
- individual artists (or artist collectives) living in Port Moody; and
- individuals/groups wishing to host an event/activity for the benefit of Port Moody residents.
Eligible project expenses include: artist fees; artist supplies; event supplies; event programming; marketing; exhibition/gallery fees/expenses; and, insurance. Up to 100% of eligible project expenses may be requested through this program.
The Artist Grant Program is not intended to provide operating funding or ongoing/annual funding, and cannot be used to pay for an organizer’s time or an organizer’s staff time.
This program is NOT open to:
- organizations or individuals currently receiving other forms of financial assistance from the City of Port Moody, including fee waivers;
- larger, established events; or
- projects and events that do not have an arts focus.
An event or project is eligible for funding through the Artist Grant Program no more than once every three years.
How to apply
Please submit your completed Artist Grant Program Application to Devin Jain, Manager of Cultural Services via email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person at the Port Moody Recreation Complex, 300 Ioco Road:
Applications are reviewed twice per year. Please ensure you submit your application by the appropriate deadline:
- submit by Friday, April 26, 2019 – grant(s) awarded in May; and
- submit by Friday, August 23, 2019 – grant(s) awarded in September.
If you are awarded a grant, you must submit a Artist Grant Program Final Report, including copies of receipts for eligible expenses, within 30 days of the completion of the event/project.
The Arts and Culture Committee reviews applications and determines awards based on the following criteria:
- artistic merit of the project or event;
- resulting benefit to the community, or opportunity afforded to the artist;
- confidence in the applicant’s ability to complete the project; and
- other sources of financial assistance available to the applicant.
- All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application following the review by the Arts and Culture Committee.
- Successful applicants have until the end of the following calendar year to complete their presentation, exhibition, or project.
- Successful applicants are required to acknowledge support from the City on promotional material, where appropriate.
- A brief Artist Grant Program Final Report is required within 30 days of the completion of the event or project, including copies of receipts for eligible expenses as well as one or two photos.
- Applicants will not be considered for future awards if a final report is not submitted.
If you have questions about the Artist Grant Program, please contact Devin Jain, Manager of Cultural Services, via email email@example.com or phone: 604-469-4689.