Skip to page body Home City Government Services Parks & Recreation Arts & Culture Discover Port Moody Business Online Services


Information on Tree Removal and Protection

City of Port Moody Bylaw No. 2961

The City of Port Moody has policies and bylaws that protect our urban forest and natural environment. One of these is the City’s Tree Protection Bylaw which regulates the removal of trees on private property and outlines situations when a tree removal permit is required.

2015 tree bylaw do I need a permit.jpg


Check ViewPort on the City website for ESA and SPEA information for your property. Before trimming trees overhanging onto your property we suggest you consult the Good Neighbour Guidelines.


TreeBylaw_Additional Info

2015 tree bylaw additional info.jpg 



To find out if your property is within an ESA and/or SPEA:

1. Go to the ViewPort on the City website
2. Click on the ViewPort button on the left side, then click on the Launch ViewPort link.
3. Enter your address and select it from the list to locate your property.
4. Click on Environmental and Watercourses in the Legend on the left to select and show the ESAs and SPEAs.

BCLandTitle_IconBC Land Title & Survey

For information on how to order a State of Title Certificate from the BC Land Title & Survey go to, or go to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia, New Westminster Land Title Office, Anvil Centre Office Tower - Suite 500 - 11 Eighth Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 3N7.


Good Neighbour Guidelines

Find helpful information on common sense practices and a summary of municipal bylaws at or pick up a printed copy at City Hall.

tree bylawCity of Port Moody Tree Protection Bylaw & Schedules

Tree Protection Bylaw  BL2961


Information_IconDo you need more information? Contact the Development Services Department at the City of Port Moody.604.469.4540 or 604.469.4613 •

Last updated: 14/09/2018 12:42:15 PM